Monday, September 26, 2016

The Blues

"The Blues"
Image Size 22" x 15"
Acrylic

This didn't start out being a wave, but it seems to have morphed into a suggestion of one.  I chose a  paper with a surface I had previously textured using thick and thin gesso over a painting that I didn't like.  I really hate wasting paper!  ; )  Since I didn't like the colors that were peeking through, I began layering colors and playing with creating texture and this is what it became. 

It's been pretty hot here this week so I guess this is my unconscious attempt to cool things down a bit.   

I love the texture in this painting and the feeling of movement that it creates.  All of the layers don't show in this photo, but up close the layers make this painting very interesting.

4 comments:

  1. Love these last two paintings, Nancy; they complement each other.

    Long time no speak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blues of all colors, and the power in this one is great! You can really feel that wave action.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails