Monday, September 5, 2016

Red Wave

"Red Wave"
Image size 8" x 24"
Encaustic
This idea looked much better in my head.  I wanted to paint another wave but use totally different colors and see if it still read as a wave.  What do you think?  I haven't decided yet.  It was a nice experiment though.  I used the same colors in the sky as in the wave and they were competing too much so I put a couple coats of clear medium to knock the color back.  Even though the medium is clear, because it is wax, it is cloudy when it cools.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Nancy, yes I think it can read as a wave at first glance, among other things. Don't you hate when you see it and can't get it to come out on paper. Guess that is why we keep,painting. I think too it looks like a mountain range with clouds above. Best to yiu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails