Monday, September 12, 2016

Encaustic Spray

"Encaustic Spray"
Image size 8" x 24"
Encaustic
I really disliked last week's painting, so it no longer exists!  I painted this over the red wave.  The colors were just too disturbing for a wave.  Greens and blues are much more soothing.

I wasn't sure what would happen when I tried to layer over the red and orange.  Since orange is the compliment of blue, I was afraid that I would end up with mud.  I was pleasantly surprise to find that the colors didn't really mix.  I love how the bits of red and orange are peeking through.  That gives a nice energy to the painting.

The foam on the crest of the wave is very textural, which reads nicely in person.

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Comme j'avais manqué votre billet précédent, je suis allée jouer la curieuse !... Effectivement, je préfère cette dernière vague et comme vous le dites parfaitement bien, les touches orangées qui apparaissent apportent une certaine puissance à la vague. J'aime. Bravo ! Il n'est pas facile de reprendre une peinture.

    Gros bisous 🌼

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails