Monday, June 20, 2016

The Red Hat #2

"The Red Hat #2"
Image Size 11" x 11"
Watercolor
This is my second attempt to paint my friend Beverly.  I still don't feel like I've captured her essence and I know the reason for that is that both paintings I've done show her not smiling.  I'm surprise I even have any photos of her not smiling because she's always smiling.

I will try it one more time using a reference photo with her smiling.  I have several good ones but have hesitated to try painting her smiling because I don't want to deal with painting teeth.  It's probably not a big deal, but that's one more thing that I've always found intimidating.

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely Nancy.. The best way I found to paint teeth is to leave a lot to the imagination.. It works!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Barbra Joan. I will remember that when I paint her again.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful portrait Nancy. I as well try to paint portraits without painting teeth..but I don't mind now...always love those challenges. Lol. I love how the light goes through the hat...shadows are perfectly painted. She's a great model!!! I hope you do more portraits!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails