Monday, February 22, 2016

The Red Hat #1

The Red Hat #1
Image Size 7.5" x 11"
Watercolor
I think I've found a new series.  I've had several photos of my friend Beverly in this red hat for many years and as with last week's painting of my daughter, I was too intimidated to try painting her.  This really doesn't look like her, but I'm still happy with this painting.  I'm really enjoying painting portraits much more than I thought I would.  Maybe I've found a new calling....

This was done on 200# Waterford paper which I really like.  It has a soft surface and that little bit of extra weight really makes a difference.  I didn't know I had any left so I was pleasantly surprised when I found this little piece.  I painted most of this on saturated paper and finished the details once it dried.

4 comments:

  1. Yea, this turned out well. Good colors and blends do you are in your way. All boils down to measuring to get likeness. Can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope this will be a series, Nancy! Your portrait work is excellent and LOVE her hat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hat is amazing, isn't it? I'm excited to do a series of it.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails