Monday, February 15, 2016

Make A Wish

"Make A Wish"
Image size 7.5" x 11"
Watercolor
I had my daughter pose for this quite a while ago, but have been too scared to paint the painting.  This is a study of what will be a large painting (hopefully soon).  I am always hesitant to paint people, but actually enjoyed this project.

My original idea was not to have her holding a cupcake, but since tomorrow is her birthday, I thought it was an appropriate object to place in her hand.  I really made a mess of her hair and I'm afraid she will cringe when she sees this, but I promise to do a better job on the real painting.  She has beautiful curly hair which she usually straightens so I'm happy that it's curly for my reference photo.

For the big painting, I will probably use warmer colors.  The overall feeling of this is a bit too cool for me.

Anyway, happy 29th birthday my dear, sweet, baby girl!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a great study! These smaller paintings help us work out what we want to change. Love the idea and can't wait to see the large version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. Now, I'm really excited to paint the large one.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails