Monday, November 9, 2015

Rainy Day

"Rainy Day"
Image Size 11" x 15"
Watercolor
We got some much needed rain today.  I think I'm partly responsible for that because I got my car washed this morning.  I hadn't heard that it was supposed to rain.  Having a clean car and not wanting to waste a car wash motivated me to work on emptying boxes in the garage so that my car would fit inside.  It's nice to finally be able to actually park in the garage!  I still have a lot more stuff to put away, but at least my car is safe from water spots.  ; )

This was painted on a saturated piece of paper.  I used the complementary color combinations of blues/oranges, purples/yellows to get some interesting grays in the sky.


4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, this looks familiar, we've had 10 days in a row of this and you captured it brilliantly. But glad you got some rain, hope it didn't all run off. Glad you made the supreme sacrifice of getting a clean car - all of California thanks you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good rain and I hope that my fellow Californians appreciate my efforts as much as you do! : )

      Delete
  2. Very powerful Nancy! Excellent piece!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails