Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Hour

"Happy Hour"
Image Size 15" x 15"
Encaustic

I love that time in the afternoon when the sun is getting low in the sky and the day is almost over.  Seeing that sun setting on the ocean always makes me feel like I'm on vacation.  

This is another encaustic.  I really enjoyed trying to get the feeling of the spray as the wave is crashing, and the foam where the water hits the sand.  This photo really doesn't capture the beauty of this medium.  In person, the surface is shiny and looks like a glazed tile.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I would love to see this one in person!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda. It looks much better in person.

      Delete
  2. The wave is just awesome, you captured it from crest to foam. Good job. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nelvia. Yes, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. How was yours?

      Delete
    2. We were in DC and at the museums so it was awesome. Had our wonderful meal when we got home, yum.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails