Monday, October 5, 2015

Soon Warren's Workshop

Soon Warren's Workshop painting
Image size 15" x 20"
Watercolor
Here is my first attempt at painting crystal.  It doesn't sparkle like Soon's paintings do but I'm pretty happy with it as a first attempt.  At least now I know how to break a painting like this down into baby steps.  

I have a photo that I took many years ago of a still life set up that has crystal in it and I've always been to intimidated to try painting it.  Now, I feel like I have the tools to try it.

Soon's workshop was so much fun and Soon is a wonderful teacher.  I learned so much!  I'll have to practice so that I don't forget everything that she taught.

10 comments:

  1. OMGosh Nancy! You were a perfect student because this painting is outstanding! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda. Actually, every student's painting was perfect! I think that is a testimate to Soon's amazing teaching skills. It was such an amazing workshop.

      Delete
  2. Dear Nancy I have one of Soon' s books. Her work is exquisite. So glad you had the opportunity to take her workshop. Hsvr s great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very lucky to have taken her workshop. I've always admired her paintings.

      Delete
  3. I love Soon's work. Yours is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is absolutely beautiful!!! You did a great job--she must be an awesome teacher. What a privilege to learn from someone so talented. Can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. Yes, she's a wonderful teacher and it was a fun workshop.

      Delete
  5. Hilda is right this turned out so well. Love the facets and light that comes through them. I never took a workshop but this that is going to,be a goal next year. Super job Nancy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails