Monday, October 12, 2015

Sammy

"Sammy"
Image Size 11" x 15"
Watercolor
This is another painting that I worked on during the Soon Y. Warren workshop.  I worked from a photo of my sweet dog that died a couple of years ago.  He was such a sweet, gentle giant and I wanted to try painting him in a less formal, realistic way.  I've painted two other paintings of him in the past that were more realistic.

The colors in this are pretty crazy but it was fun to treat a black dog with bright colors.  I was killing this painting and almost threw it into the trash but Soon helped save it so she really gets all of the credit for this one.


8 comments:

  1. I really like this one, the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent painting Nancy.. I love the background as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy this is just wonderful and I really like the cat painting below too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First impression is of all the lovely color. Just love,the background treatment. I also really think the dog and colors worked. Gives him more life. Soon real,t seems to paint with freedom. Lovely Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nelvia. I will try this technique again. It's really fun.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails