Monday, September 7, 2015

New Zealand Vista

"New Zealand Vista"
Image size 7" x 8"
Watercolor
I painted this on a saturated piece of 300# arches paper.  I had forgotten how much I like that heavier paper and it works really well with the saturated technique.

This is the first painting I've done in the new house.  It's not much of a painting but I am still short on time and my studio isn't really set up yet either but it felt good to start and finish a painting here.

I painted this from a photo that my daughter took in New Zealand.  I took some artistic license with it so she probably won't recognize it.

4 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Une très jolie peinture... Je suis certaine que très bientôt dans votre nouvel atelier vous allez créer de véritables petits trésors.

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really blown away by the texture. I thought this was a felted landscape. Must have to do with both the paper weight and the saturation of water. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the texture and I can see why you thought it was felted.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails