Monday, August 24, 2015

Chaotic Cosmos

"Chaotic Cosmos"
Image Size 15" x 20"
Watercolor

Again, having little time to paint this week, I pulled out an unfinished painting and dabbled with it until I declared it finished.  This is done on paper that was coated with gesso and was also splattered with it during the painting process.  Throwing paint is always fun and such good therapy!  White acrylic was also added at the end to give some punch to what I wanted to be the focal point.  

I'm still hoping for more time to paint but it is also a good feeling to be getting these unfinished paintings done and off of my list of 'things to do' which seems to be getting longer and longer each day.

6 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for something recognizable in any abstract work, for some reason. I got the distinct impression that I was under ice looking up here...interesting effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that Sherry. Now that you mention it, I can totally see that. That's one reason I like abstracts - they seem to get reactions from people much more than representational art.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it funny, how those to dos grow, but the to donee just take longer. I see Sherry viewpoint but I feel like the wave on the right is going to come crashing in. Really like this abstract and the color scheme. You
    just keep,finishing these and we will just keep,enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nancy - just beautiful...looks like diamonds to me that sparkle in the light. Hope you have more time to paint too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails