Monday, July 13, 2015

The Old Yellow House

"The Old Yellow House"
Image Size 16" x 20"
Oil
Still no time...no motivation to paint...

This painting was started many years ago and I decided to finish it this week.  Old Town Tustin has a lot of charming old houses and this is one of them.  I painted this completely with a palette knife and simplified it, trying to keep from noodling it to death with detail.  Using the palette knife makes it easier for me to stay away from detail which tends to be the way I see things.

It feels good to finish another project.  Hopefully, next week I will feel more like painting and will have more time.  I miss spending time in the studio.

8 comments:

  1. I have so much catching up to do..Loved looking back on your work...Wonderful paintings...the mini merlot caught my eye right away with the beautiful colors!!
    And the yellow house came out very nice...hard to believe you painted it with a pallet knife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda. Painting with a palette knife if my favorite way to work with oils.

      Delete
  2. So lovely!! I too see the details and try to paint them in...way unsuccessfully!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you and I see the world in many similar ways Sherry.

      Delete
  3. Dear Nancy- so pretty. I too have been working on some unfinished paintings. Hope you can get back into your studio soon. In the meantime have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so good to finish paintings, doesn't it?

      Delete
  4. This turned out so well. Like Hilda can't believe it is all with the palette knife. Lines are so straight and all is symetrical. Good work. Did you get any rain yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nelvia. No, no rain. Our rainy season is over and we probably won't get any until November. It's going to be a stressful summer.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails