Monday, July 20, 2015

Palette Knife Tomato

Palette Knife Tomato
Image Size 6" x 6"
Oil
It's always seemed wrong to me that a tomato is classified as a fruit.  I looked it up just to be sure and scientifically it is definitely listed as a fruit.  In cooking, it is considered a vegetable since it is used in savory dishes rather than the typically sweet dishes that use other fruits.  Strangely, this makes me feel much better than having them only seen as fruits.  Avocados, cucumbers, pumpkins and squash are also fruits.   Really? 

This is a palette knife painting.   I think I am getting back into the painting groove finally.  I have a couple of paintings that I've started this week but had to paint this one to post today since the other two are larger and I knew I would never finish either by today. 

7 comments:

  1. Love that orange in the red! And the texture is magnificent, Nancy! My mother once said that anything with seeds is a fruit. Not sure how true that is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry. It sounds like your mom might be right about the seed thing.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back and doesn't it feel good? I always wonder who was the first person who ate one of these and why did they think they could? I do like the palette knife texture but have't mastered it myself. Well done. Love the red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not all of the way back but I'm getting there.

      I wonder that about a lot of foods.

      You should try the palette knife. It's so much fun to use!

      Delete
  3. I as well am surprised that a tomato is considered a fruit although some tomatoes are so sweet!!! This is excellent Nancy. I don't do too many palette knife paintings but it is fun to use! nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy whether fruit or veggie they are one of my favorite foods. Your painting makes this tomato good enough to eat. So glad you are finding time to paint again. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. Painting is the only thing that's keeping me sane right now.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails