Monday, July 6, 2015

Colored Pencil Plumeria

"Colored Pencil Plumeria"
Image size 2.5" x 3.5"
Colored pencil

Another week of no time and little energy...so, here's another ACEO.  This time, I felt like playing with colored pencils.  I love the look of colored pencil drawings but rarely have the patience to use them for anything much larger than an ACEO.

I used a piece of Bristol paper with a 'plate' finish - totally smooth - which doesn't allow for working with multiple layers of color.  There is no 'tooth' to grab the pigment so after one or two passes, the paper doesn't accept any more color.  It feels as though your pencil is gliding over a slick piece of ice and leaves no trace that it has been there.  That was fine for this drawing since I didn't want to spend much time finishing it.

Hopefully, next week I'll feel more like painting and will have time also.

6 comments:

  1. I should try ACEOs...I might find just enough patience for smaller work. I think this came out so lovely, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a great idea Sherry. It's easier to stay motivated when you know that the art project won't take long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy - I really am enjoying your ACEO's. This one is great. It does take so much patience to work in colored pencil...makes sense to play with them on smaller works. Hope you find time to paint soon. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This ACEO came out fresh and like yiur color,pencil blending.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails