Monday, June 29, 2015

Mini Merlot

"Mini Merlot"
Image size 3.5" x 2.5"
Watercolor

Are these Merlot grapes?  Who knows?  Who cares?  I was just trying to make a title that was an alliteration.  This has been a crazy week and I wasn't able to paint, so luckily, I found this little gem that I painted a while ago but never posted.  Since I make the rules for my weekly postings, this counts!  

This is a tiny painting which is called an ACEO - an artist trading card.  I don't know if people are still trading these or not but it's a fun size and quick to paint.

10 comments:

  1. I think it is gorgeous!!! I so love grape paintings, though I'm not a fan of eating them. I do like wine though! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to paint this size too. Never tried grapes though, but think even though they are mini thermocouple make a good bottle of wine. Like the color and composition on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have a comment from me, let me know if doesn't come thru as I didn't get the approval note

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Nancy- this is so lovely. I have done some ACEO' s- such fun. Love yours. Hope you find more time to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I'd love to see a photo of a hand holding it, to get the size reference. It's a great painting, and even more special because of it's size! What a nice little treasure to tuck into a purse, or stick on the side of a mirror, to brighten one's day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails