Monday, June 8, 2015

'Choke

'Choke
Image Size 8" x 10"
Watercolor

I wasn't really in the mood to paint this week and I think it shows.  This isn't one of my favorites but it is done.  I think I got the shadows too dark and I fought with the paper a lot.  This paper is Fabriano Artistic which I don't usually use so I'm not that familiar with its properties.  It's easy to lift color from this paper but conversely, it's hard to add layers without lifting the previous layers.  Since I love to glaze many layers of color, this probably isn't the best paper for me to use.  I like Arches because it works with my way of painting.

6 comments:

  1. Nancy, at least you are painting! It is more than I manage. I think it is a fabulous painting, by the way. And now I'm craving artichokes!! LoL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry. I am craving artichokes too!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully painted Nancy! I love all the colors and the shadows are well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as thought there is a global blah painting sentiment going on. But, yes at least you are hanging in and painting. By the way how did the first person say, ah yes, these would be good to eat? Like the colors peeking through too. Guess some time it is as good to,figure out and remind ourselves what we don't like as when we do something right. Keep on bumping your head on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do feel my head bumping against the wall right now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails