Monday, May 11, 2015

Papaya

Papaya
Image Size 7" x 10"
Watercolor

I struggled with picking a subject for this week's painting.  When I saw this papaya in the store, I decided to paint it.  Papaya is my least favorite fruit.  In fact, I really dislike it and would never choose to eat one, but I do think the inside is very interesting looking.   It took longer to paint than I thought it would, but since I really wasn't planning to eat it, I wasn't too upset when it looked really dry and unappetizing by the time I finished my painting.  Usually I eat my still life set ups once I've finished painting them but this was an exception and although I do feel a little guilty about wasting food, I think I'll get over it especially since I don't think of papayas as an eatable fruit.




6 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful painting with this papaya, Nancy!!!
    Love how you painted the seeds!!! Papaya was my Mom's favorite fruit!! I personally hate the taste and can't believe anyone can like it...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hilda. I knew you were too smart to like the taste of papaya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nancy- you did a beautiful job with this fruit. Don't think this would be a favorite fruit of mine either. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really rock with watercolor. Nice job of details but not overdone. Thumbs down here too on this fruit, even living in Florida for so many years couldn't make me warm up to them or mangos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails