Monday, May 18, 2015

Contempt

"Contempt"
Image Size 30" x 22"
Watercolor

I love the textures and dimension that can be achieved with watercolors.  I used two of my favorite paints in this painting; Daniel Smith's Lunar Earth and Lunar Black.  They are the most sedimentary colors that I've found and are beautiful straight from the tube or mixed with other colors.  I'm sure you can't see the sedimentary effects in this photo but in person, they are pretty interesting.

I painted most of this on wet paper.  The initial painting layer was allowed to completely dry and then I re-wet the paper to add additional layers.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful palette, Nancy. Your talents truly have no limits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour chère amie,

    Admirer et lire sur vos expériences est très intéressant.
    Une belle communion de couleurs.

    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those of you who think with an abstract brain! This is pretty cool Nancy. Am looking at it and not sure where you see the title?? I like the interplay of colors and just always wonder how you know where to place the mark or color to make it just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contempt is what I'm feeling right now and this painting was a way of getting it out of my system. Abstracts can be very cathartic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails