Monday, April 13, 2015

Morphing

"Morphing"
Image Size 7" x 11"
Encaustic

I'm still working with encaustics.  I've decided to finally get a blow torch and experiment with that for future paintings.  I'm interested to see if it is easier to control smaller areas of the wax.  I should probably stick with the heat gun so that I don't have more control but why fight my basic personality?  

This painting has a shellac burn in a couple of areas and I've added more wax on top of that in a few areas. 

12 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Je suis fascinée par le résultat de votre travail. Chaque détail, de par la forme ou la couleur, est extraordinaire.
    Bravo !

    ❀ ✺ Gros bisous ✺ ❀

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not familiar with this medium, but the effect and the textures are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating – thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Nancy! I love the vivid colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got liquid on paper here...looks like water, Nancy! You are learning so many techniques and the results are astonishingly beautiful! Who knew wax was so versatile?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wax is a lot of fun Sherry. I don't think I'll ever get tired of working with it.

      Delete
  6. Haven't read anyone's comments above as I don't want to be influenced. I feel like I am under water in a beautiful seascape with bubbles floating. I really like the things you are creTing with this medium. It takes abstract to a different level. Nice work Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments Nelvia. I love hearing what people see in the abstracts.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails