Monday, February 9, 2015

Encaustic Magnolia

Encaustic Magnolia
Image Size 5" x 7"
Encaustic

I painted this from a photo of the magnolia tree in our yard.  It was a close-up of one of the upper branches and it was vertical like this.  As I look at this finished painting, I think it would have looked more natural if I had placed the branch at a bit of an angle.  Also, the branch for the bud became much thicker as I was fusing.  It's just a small study so I'm using this as a learning experience.  As always, encaustic is a lot of fun and a great challenge.


12 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing encaustic work, Nancy. It is so fun broadening your creative spectrum, isn't it? I think this is lovely and I actually like the vertical format. Interesting how nature works like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nancy - I love seeing your encaustic work. The magnolia is beautiful and I think you did a wonderful job in capturing this gorgeous flower. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. I think I need to try another magnolia encaustic. These flowers are so beautiful, aren't they?

      Delete
  3. Excellent painting, Nancy! The different colors on this flower is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this a lot, especially how your got the dabs of darker colors on the petals. Also I like the texture in the background. You are getting there with this encaustic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nelvia. I'll keep on practicing because this medium is such fun!

      Delete
  5. I love seeing your encaustic pieces!! This one has beautiful light and color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you are working in encaustic! Is there anything you can't do!! This is beautiful - love the palette!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails