Monday, October 6, 2014

Long Shadow

Long Shadow
Image Size 7.5" x 9"
Watercolor

I'm still having paper issues.  This painting is done on Fabriano Artistico and I don't think it will be my "go to" paper.  I like to paint by glazing multiple layers of color and on this paper, when I added layers, the previous layers lifted.  I think that is because there is a lot of surface sizing but I'm not sure.  I know, I sound like Goldilocks...too little sizing, too much sizing....  Also, it is a very fragile paper and I had some problems with it pilling while I was lifting paint.  I think it is a really nice paper for a lot of artists, but it didn't hold up to the way I paint.


4 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Un poivron qui a toute son ardeur...
    Belle oeuvre.
    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper issues or not, you still got a gorgeous pepper painting with brilliant color. I love too that you darkened the color of the pepper for the shadow. I once read that this is the way to go when painting shadows.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails