Monday, July 29, 2013

Tick Tock

This painting has a combination of pouring and direct painting.  I've really been enjoying using that technique recently.  I used a 260# Waterford hot press paper which is a really nice paper.  The smooth surface is good for the detail and straight lines in the design but doesn't show the beauty of the sedimentary paints that I used.  That effect shows better in a more textural paper.  I guess I can't have everything.  It  would have been really hard to paint the lines straight on a textured paper which is why I chose the hot press surface.

Tick Tock
Image Size 22" x 30"
Watercolor

5 comments:

  1. I am reminded of your keyboard piece and suspect you were in the same mood when painting this one. I love it!! This one has an added element that makes me think of the old Twilight Zone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unique painting, Nancy! I love the background as well...NICE work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! To me it really represents how fast time flies . . . the inner gears flying out of the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kathleen. I love to hear the stories that people read in paintings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails