Monday, June 24, 2013

Really Ripe


Painting fruit can be so stressful!  Don't get me wrong.  I love painting pears.  However, I'm not used to painting something that has a short shelf life!  I'm used to painting from photographs (bad habit, I know) so I usually have no time limit for finishing a painting.  As you've probably noticed, sometimes my paintings don't get finished for years.  I don't know of any fruit that's going to patiently stay fresh for that long.

I started this painting one day last week.  Then I got busy.  Every day, I stressed about getting the painting finished before my fruit became a mushy, ugly inedible mess.  Finally, today I finished it and the pears seem to be the perfect ripeness so... guess what we're having along with our dinner.

Really Ripe
Image Size 8" x 16"
Oil

8 comments:

  1. Great job. I really have trouble painting fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour ma chère amie,

    Une bonne manière alors de vous motiver à travailler vite !!... Autrement vos poires seraient fichues ! Et en plus aujourd'hui peut-être vous avez pu déguster une délicieuse tarte Bourdaloue !...

    Un merveilleux trio... qui joue bien avec les nuances de couleur de votre fond.
    Elles me semblent bien juteuses ces poires...
    Joli travail.

    Gros bisous à vous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pears on velvet...How lush! And that lushness shows through in this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Karen. I can't believe you have trouble painting anything. Your paintings are beautiful!

    Merci Martinealison. Oui, peindre un objet périssable est un excellent moyen de me forcer à peindre rapidement.

    Thank you Sherry. The fabric was fun to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly ripe! Love the contrast dark cloth and the way you painted folds, looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a wonderful job on this painting. Nancy! These pears are very realistic. And I love the background as well..nice folds in the material...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Hilda. This was a really fun painting to do. I love painting fabric and pears.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails