Monday, March 25, 2013

Freesias

Here's a small watercolor sketch done on TerraSkin.  I haven't worked on this surface for awhile and am happy to be back to it.  It's such a great paper having a lot of the properties of Yupo but the lifting abilities are a bit different.
This photo doesn't really show the painting off very well.  It is brighter and the flowers aren't washed out like they show here. I used a different camera than usual and it "blahed" everything out a bit.

Freesias
Image size 4.5" x 7.5"
Watercolor on TerraSkin

7 comments:

  1. These were my wedding flowers and I think I spent half the wedding sticking my nose in them to smell them! Love the capture you did - and the size is perfect for the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nan. I love the smell of them too. The yellow ones smell the best. I also like that they come back each year in the garden and there are always new ones that have spread to other parts of my yard. I don't know if the birds planted them for me or the wind blew them into new areas but either way, it's a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the textures in the background... looks a bit like silk painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this one. Great composition, colors and contrast. I love the smell of freesias, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'aime la légèreté et la grâce avec laquelle vous avez capturé cette merveilleuse fleur... Le printemps est bien arrivé chez vous !
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do so think this is a gorgeous palette, Nancy! You do amaze me because you use so many different techniques and mediums and I see different styles at times, too. I wish I could manage even one good style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Deborah. The background is my favorite part of this painting and I agree, it does look like a silk painting. Maybe that's why I like it.

    Thanks Theresa. Freesias are such a happy flower and I always know that Spring is here when they pop up.

    En effet! Le printemps est là.

    Thank you Sherry. Stop being so hard on yourself. I really like your style!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails