Monday, December 19, 2011

Skagway

There were so many beautiful places that we visited during our Alaskan cruise last year and I've been looking through all of my photos from that trip.
I found this beautiful scene in Skagway.  It was such a clear, crisp day in June.  I'm not used to seeing snow that time of year so this was a refreshing change.  The temperature high during the day was around 58 degrees F - also a first.  I'm used to our "June Gloom" but even with no sun shining, it's still much, much warmer than that.  I've never worn a jacket and scarf in June before.

This is done in pastels on Sennelier La Carte paper.

Skagway
Image size 6" x 10"
Pastels

9 comments:

  1. ooh an Alaska cruise - I'm envious!

    Being able to paint your memories like this must make them so much more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Deborah, it really brings me back to the time we spent there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply breathtaking, Nancy! Truly beautiful work! Alaska is definitely a place I hope to some day visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sherry. It pales in comparison to the real thing. I hope you are able to see it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was never in Alaska but my daughter was and she still talks about the beauty! I love the light hitting those wonderful mountains and the colors you used, Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautifully wonderful painting. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fortunate for you to have all these photos to paint from of such a wonderful place! Love the perspective in this one - I feel like I'm there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails